Asylum

09/28/2015

12 Comments

Previously posted on Goodreads and Facebook

This is a 3 out 5 star book for me

So...Asylum. Well, not the best book. It started off strong for me and then slowly went downhill the rest of the way. This is a book that had a lot of directions it could take and, even though it didn't take the most obvious path, the ending fell a little flat, and was still pretty obvious. I will say there was maybe one nice twist in there though.

Dan is a bit of a geek and goes off to spend the summer at a college prep program in New Hampshire. Normal housing has been closed so the students have to stay at a different dorm, one that used to be a psychiatric hospital. The first person he meets is his weird roommate who tells him about the creepy basement loaded with creepy pictures of the old hospital. Then he makes two friends and they stupidly go exploring the basement, repeatedly. Is the dorm haunted by a serial killer from the past, why does Dan feel so close to the old warden of the place, and why does no one talk about the old hospital?

My thoughts:
His friends, Abby and Jordan, are awful. Jordan serves no purpose in this story, just one minute detail at the end gives him reason to be there but he's not necessary. Abby and Dan's romance is forced and serves nothing in the plot, just wasted space. The creepiest part of the book is the pictures, but even then it falls flat for me.

Now, I'll still read the sequels, it wasn't a complete dud but it just didn't make sense to me. Abby is linked to the hospital and so is Dan, even Dan's roommate is linked, but then there's Jordan. I don't get it. And also, Jordan is a terrible friend....just saying.

Comments

09/12/2016 11:51am

Incredibly helpful book it is.Not only for the selective people but every common person to get use to it.It really shows the right way and solve a lot of riddle you face in everyday life.

Haris
02/23/2017 8:01am

Incredible....!!!
<a href="http://www.chatstrange.com/" title="free online chat room">free online chat room</a>

05/19/2017 12:13am

Ever since I've seen that book on the bookstore, sitting beside Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, I've been wanting to read it so bad. As a fantasy, paranormal kind of person, I'm really fascinated about creepy photo-illustrated novels just like that. I've read Ransom Riggs' books before and I really love his novels so much. That's why I've heard so many comparisons between him and Madeleine Roux' books because they seem to have the same writing style and the pictures with the novel itself. I would definitely try to read this series some day to see it for myself. I just hope that I would like it as much as I love Ransom Riggs' book series.

09/21/2016 1:29am

This is an interesting book review. To be honest, I haven't read this book before and the review was kind of vague about certain detail about it. I had to google the book to discover that it's actually written by Madeleine Roux. And it's actually not that bad. I like the premise even though it's a horror book. Anyway, more power to you and have a good day.

Haris
02/23/2017 8:02am

Really nice

A blogger must always find a right point which is very specific as well as very basic to find. We must call it uniqueness. Yes, uniqueness of your written blog will help you to make your blog famous.

12/01/2016 2:04am

In assessment to other streaming and audio video apps, itube makes use of lesser amount of battery strength which interprets into longer play time in your track and videos. This will be visible from the battery indicator on your android device.

Haris
03/04/2017 7:16am

This is a good post. This post gives truly quality information. I’m definitely going to look into it. Really very useful tips are provided here.
<a href="http://www.chatstrange.com/" title="chat with strangers">chat with strangers</a>

05/18/2017 5:06am

It is a pretty decent book. The first one was better. I hope that the final would be great.

05/25/2017 3:34am

Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained!

Thanks for the great tutorial. It is nice to go through the process at a high level.

Your blogs are always interesting. It has a great impact when it comes to connection in society. The wordings are good. You have used a very nice constructions. Your themes are very alive. Your posts are somehow a positive influence to negative response of people exposed to continuous problems and stress. It lightens a mood, it lightens a feeling, it reduces a pessimistic outlook. It's a way to encourage people with down fall situations in life and due that it has an alive theme, joy and gladness will soon define you.